While they serve a singular purpose, people still struggle when purchasing the best water purifier for home.
So, with a multitude of options available in the market, consumers must choose one that will ensure their family’s health and well-being. Accordingly, if you are facing the dilemma of choosing a water purifier, then the tips below can help you out.
Also, take a look at the top purifiers for your home at the best prices. Don’t forget to route your purchase via PAYBACK to save a few extra bucks!
Tips to Buy a Water Purifier Online For Home
These simple steps will make the process of choosing and purchasing water purifiers during Amazon sale easier.
Tip 1 – Water quality check
Test the TDS or Total Dissolved Solid level of water at your home. If the TDS level is below 500 ppm, it is consumable. If it is more than 1000 ppm, the water is unhealthy and hazardous. So, the first tip to choose a water purifier is to understand the model suitable to purify the quality of water you receive at your home.
Determining the TDS level will help you understand which technology to opt for. Here is a scale that will help you test the water TDS level.
- Municipality water has an average TDS of around 200ppm
- Groundwater has an average TDS of around 200 to 500ppm
- Borewell water has an average TDS of more than 500ppm
Tip 2 – Purification technology
After determining the water source, choose the range of purification required. High TDS levels (more than 500ppm) require RO or Reverse Osmosis technology for water filtration. It removes heavy metals, particulates, and minerals through selectively permeable membranes.
If water TDS is less than 200ppm, then buy a purifier with UV or UltraViolet filtration technology. It retains key minerals and removes harmful components.
For water with TDS between 200 to 500ppm, it is recommended to opt for Mineral RO + UV devices. The best water purifiers add essential calcium and magnesium to the RO purified water.
Tip 3 – Check for automation
Filters are an essential part of water purification, which we often overuse, leading to the consumption of impure water. This makes changing filters crucial before they expire.
Latest purifiers send signals 15 to 30 days before the filter expires. If the user fails to change the filter, the water supply is cut off immediately.
Tip 4 – Storage capacity
To understand the water purifier capacity required, you need to monitor your family’s water consumption daily. If you reside in an area with frequent electricity fluctuations, high-capacity water purifiers will be better.
- 5L to 8L capacity for families with 2 to 4 members.
- 8L to 10L capacity for families with 4 to 6 members.
- 10L for a family with more than 6 members.
Tip 5 – Service and maintenance
Water purifiers require routine maintenance to provide your family with filtered water. Do consider service promptness and maintenance cost when you buy a water purifier online.
Considering the above-mentioned factors, you can proceed to choose any of the best water purifiers for home
from the options below.
Top 4 Best and Affordable Water Purifiers to Buy for Your Home
- Eureka Forbes Aquaguard Crystal Plus UV (Rs. 7000 approx.)
Eureka Forbes is a leading health and hygiene brand with a wide product portfolio encompassing water purifiers. This model, in particular, comes with a stunning European design, available at the best water purifier price. Its features are highlighted below.
- Mineral guard technology for retaining essential minerals in the water.
- Auto on and off if the purifier is not used for 10 minutes.
- Electronic monitoring system for detecting a malfunction of UV lamps.
- Voltage stabiliser for frequent voltage fluctuation.
- Kent Maxx 7L UV + UF Water Purifier (Rs. 7800 approx.)
The Kent Maxx 7L UV + UF Water Purifier is one of the best options to choose from. Some of the reasons why you should go for this product are mentioned below.
- Its multiple purification process happens first with UV and then by hollow UF Fibre membrane.
- It has a 7L storage capacity, designed for a big family of 4 to 6 members.
- Activated carbon pre-filter reduces odour and bad taste.
- Auto on and off causes the filter to shut off when the storage tank is full.
- Blue Star Aristo RO+UV 7-Litre Water Purifier (Rs. 8000 approx.)
The Blue Star Aristo RO+UV 7-Litre Water Purifier is another notable addition to this list. Its RO + UV purification technology enhances the taste of water. Buy this best water purifier for home for the following reasons.
- Double-layered RO + UV protection – RO removes radioactive materials, heavy metal and dissolved impurities. UV deactivates microorganisms like cyst, bacteria and virus.
- It comes with a 6-stage purification process to provide healthy and filtered water to your family.
- Copper impregnated activated carbon filter that removes odour and bad taste.
- Child lock function to avoid water wastage.
- HUL Pureit Advanced RO + UV 5L water filter (Rs. 9100 approx.)
When Flipkart online shopping for a water purifier, you can go for the HUL Pureit Advanced RO + UV 5L model. The features of this product are provided here.
- Advanced 6-stage technology purifies water through RO + UV technology.
- TDS removal of up to 1800 ppm.
- Comes with a voltage fluctuation guard and works even during power instability.
- 5L capacity with auto shut-off.
For extra rewards on your purchase of these water purifiers, you can check the PAYBACK mobile application. Earn 2x reward points with every purchase on this app.
From the above four water purifier models, select the one that fits your pre-allocated budget and requirements.
Also, make sure to redeem the points earned on PAYBACK to enjoy discounts on these models. Check the coupons section to gather points at an accelerated rate.
With so many water purifiers on offer, keeping your family healthy and safe just got easier!
Categories: Home Appliances